Accident in Public

Public liability claims

Public liability compensation is available to claim when an injury or accident occurs when in public place, such as places maintained by the local council or authorities, or facilities that are privately owned or operated and open to the public.

Who can make a claim? 

Anybody who has been involved in an injury that occurred in a public place can make a claim for compensation through a public liability claim. These types of claims are injuries that happened in places such as, but not limited to, shopping centres, leisure centres, supermarkets, parks, restaurants & pubs & cafes and as simple as an incident occurring on the street or roads.

Types of PL claims include but not limited to;

  • Shops, Supermarkets & Shopping Centre’s – Often due to the result of a lack of suitable safety measures, or poor cleaning and maintenance.
  • Pubs & Restaurants & Café’s – The owners of such establishments can be held responsible for the lack of safety on their premises.
  • Dangerous pathways & Road surfaces – Broken walkways & paving’s, Potholes etc.
  • Slips, Trips and Falls – Slippery or wet floors, broken or damaged areas, falling debris
  • Attacked in public place – (e.g) attacked by stranger whilst walking down the street

The common types of injuries sustained are bruising, broken bones or fractures and concussions/ other serious head injuries. If you are unsure as to whether you would be eligible to make a claim then please get in touch today and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding eligibility on a possible claim.

To get in touch please call us on 01772 958 006 or by filling in the claims form shown on the contacts page.